Known Issues with Character Encoding
- Need to verify that we can dump perl strings at XMLTV::Writer and it will do the right thing with regard to escaping anything outside $encoding into XML entities.
- tv_grab_hr tv_grab_no_gfeed tv_grab_se_swedb fix commited upstream
- #1910245 should add a test for HTML entities in the generated XML. (hint ´ is invalid XML!)
Issues with Time Zones
- tv_grab_dk_dr DST issues
- tv_grab_il DST issues
- tv_grab_it DST issues
- tv_grab_pt_meo DST issues
- tv_grab_uk_bleb DST issues, floating start>stop leads to wrong date calculation and time offsets
Feel free to take anything from the list
- #1880681 the bug was solved (not a bug), the suggestion for Supplementary Files is turning one can of worms into another...
- tv_grab_huro has no maintainer?
- #2748362 site changes: holes in the collected programs
- #2837668 site changes: unexpected hash references
- #2858285 close it, was "no channels found", the grabber does not fail completely anymore (see status)
- #2910015 close it, was "no programs on channel 1", test_grabbers tests with that channel succesful
Cleanup SourceForge Project
- remove group/status/category examples from the tracker (might check for other unused stuff while there)
Check for Breakage caused by LWP::Simple
- silent uncompression
- silent code page conversion
- silent proxy handling
Maybe it's best to move most uses over to our own Get_nice.
Potential Data Sources
Candidates for wrapping into Static File Grabbers
- _cz_arcao: XMLTV export from arcao.com. Provides explicit time offsets.
- _dk_ontv: XMLTV export from ontv.dk.
- _eu_phazer: XMLTV service from tvprofil.net aka Phazer XMLTV Service. Notice that they provide timestamps in their local time as floating time which is intepreted as UTC...
_fr_kazer: XMLTV service from kazer.org.done
- _it_ambrosa: XMLTV export from ambrosa.net. Explicit about non-commercial use only.
- _ru_teleguide: XMLTV export from teleguide.info. Provides explicit time offsets.
-  possible extensions/clarifications from a consumers POV
- list in the supplementary files mapping DVB/ATSC id to grabber/channel. Then let --list-channels & co. enrich channel list with related ids. MythTV's Browser Based Setup might be a consumer for this to allow automatic mapping of channels in the guide to channels on the video source.
- Check  and see if all are mentioned here
Consumers of XMLTV Data
- be prepared that xmltv ids really might be similar to FQDN (255 characters max.) the longest I've seen in the wild is 69 characters (_es_laguiatv)
Random Pieces of Information
You might receive the same transport stream on multiple frequencies
TS 101 211 - DVB Guidelines on implementation and usage of Service Information (SI)
NOTE 1: The cell_id cannot be used to identify a service. The combination of service_id and original_network_id remains a unique identification of a service.
It is recommended to make all receivable multiplexes with the same transport_stream_id but with different cell_ids available to the user, and only when a service (not a transport stream) is available through multiple multiplexes to select a preferred multiplex based on e.g. reception quality.
Any reference resolution from a transport_stream_id or a service_id (e.g. from a linkage_descriptor transport_stream_id/service_id pair) to a multiplex/frequency requires consideration to handle the potential multiplicity
Note that in networks deploying the service_availability_descriptor, the unique identification of a transport stream by the tuple (transport_stream_id, original_network_id), can often be sensibly replaced by identification through the triplet (transport_stream_id, original_network_id, cell_id).
Proper TV Metadata Schema Bits and Pieces (Hi TVBrainz)
- Some series have multiple sets of episode titles per locale, usually its one set per broadcasting company
- Some series have a different title per season
- Elephant Princess http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_Princess
- Some series have alternate titles
- The Killing http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kommissarin_Lund_%E2%80%93_Das_Verbrechen this series also uses roman or arabic numbers in addition to the title as season specific series title
- Usually the episode title is unique per series, but some series have multiple episodes with the same title
- some series started on radio and continued on tv
- Die Hesselbachs http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Hesselbachs
- some series got rebranded
- Pusteblume -> Löwenzahn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%B6wenzahn
- many series don't do seasons
- some episodes belong to multiple series
- it is common for documentary brands to buy unrelated documentary movies and mini series that are run under a bigger brand
- - example of the two episodes that belong to two series goes here -
- some series have a different order per country/station
- Wickie und die starken Männer http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18059
- some series contain the same episode multiple times / with multiple episode numbers
- Eisenbahnromantik http://www.swr.de/eisenbahn-romantik/
- some series / collection of movies are unclear if they should be a series or a collection of movies or both
- Varg Veum, has a main cast and seasons, also used a translated and the original season title http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Wolf_%28Fernsehreihe%29
- Rosamunde Pilcher, shares no cast http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosamunde_Pilcher#Verfilmungen
- Inga Lindström, shares no cast http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inga_Lindstr%C3%B6m#Inga-Lindstr.C3.B6m-Reihe
- Utta Danella, shares no cast http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utta_Danella#Verfilmungen
- Harry Potter, a feature film series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_%28film_series%29
- some series are coproduced for multiple locales with most of an episode being shared internationally, but parts being replaced locally (completely different shots/actors)
- Fraggle Rock, see http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fraggle_Rock#Co-Productions
- some series started out internationally as dubs and later branched of into unrelated shows of the same brand
- Sesame Street, see http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesamstrasse
- some episodic movies are basically short movies pasted together
The set of titles (series/season/episode) should be marked as being a true alternate or just a typo/search hint. Some titles are international (used for all languages without localization) titles - showing a poster of the international is better then defaulting to a specific locale.