Looking for information on a ReplayTV replacement service? Click HERE
XMLTV is a few things with the same name.
- XMLTV is a very popular XML based file format for describing TV listings. see XMLTVFormat
- XMLTV is an interface contract between programs the emit guide data and programs that consume it. see HowtoWriteAGrabber and HowtoUseGrabbers
- XMLTV is a perl module that helps to create XMLTV formatted documents. see XMLTVModule
- XMLTV is a collection of tools to obtain, manipulate, and search TV Listings. see XMLTVProject
Most of this Wiki has to do with the XMLTVProject
XMLTV Project Status
(for more info see XMLTVProject)
The current release (0.5.69) was made on 2017-01-23 and is available at http://files.xmltv.org
Major Changes in this release (0.5.69)
- tv_grab_hr - removed broken grabber
- tv_grab_pt - removed broken grabber
- tv_grab_uk_atlas - removed due to new target site rules
- tv_grab_fi - major changes, need to run configure again
- tv_grab_sd_json/tv_grab_zz_sdjson - major speed improvements. This grabber is replicated as tv_grab_zz_sdjson and will only be available via the new name in the next release. Please switch to the new name.
- tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite - additional grabber for Schedule Direct's fee-based SD-JSON service. Supports 50+ countries. See List
And lots of other changes (see ChangeLog for details)
There are lots of applications that use XMLTV-formatted files., these include guide viewers and PVRs. There are also some grabbers not included in the XMLTV project distribution. See XmltvRelatedProjects.
The XmltvUnrelatedProjects are things which don't use the XMLTV format but are somehow connected to TV listings.