XMLTV is a few things with the same name.
- XMLTV is a very popular XML based file format for describing TV listings. see XMLTVFormat
- XMLTV is a perl module that helps to create XMLTV formatted documents. see XMLTVModule
- XMLTV is a collection of tools to obtain, manipulate, and search TV Listings. see XMLTVProject
Most of this Wiki has to do with the XMLTVProject
XMLTV Project Status
(for more info see XMLTVProject)
The current release (0.5.56) was made on 2009-08-10 and is available at http://files.xmltv.org
- tv_grab_uk_rt: improve UTF8 support, improve actor support
- tv_grab_huro: Add Slovakian episode parsing
- tv_grab_it_dvb: new grabber for Italian DVB-S stream
- tv_grab_za: South African grabber fixed
In addition to minor bugfixes
There are lots of applications that use XMLTV-formatted files., these include guide viewers and PVRs. There are also some grabbers not included in the XMLTV project distribution. See XmltvRelatedProjects.
The XmltvUnrelatedProjects are things which don't use the XMLTV format but are somehow connected to TV listings.