XMLTV is a few things with the same name.
- XMLTV is a very popular XML based file format for describing TV listings. see XMLTVFormat
- XMLTV is a perl module that helps to create XMLTV formatted documents. see XMLTVModule
- XMLTV is a collection of tools to obtain, manipulate, and search TV Listings. see XMLTVProject
Most of this Wiki has to do with the XMLTVProject
XMLTV Project Status
(for more info see XMLTVProject)
The current release (0.5.52) was made on 2008-07-14 and is available at http://files.xmltv.org
Changes in this release
- tv_grab_uk_rt: lots of improvements.. upgrade if you use this
- tv_grab_re: better season/episode number handling
- tv_grab_be: responding to source site changes
- tv_grab_fr: better title detection
- tv_grab_huro: now generates stop times
- tv_grab_na_dtv: responding to source site changes
- tv_grab_pt: responding to source site changes
- tv_grab_za: improve episode tags
- removed non-working grabbers tv_grab_il, tv_grab_nl_wolf
There are lots of applications that use XMLTV-formatted files., these include guide viewers and PVRs. There are also some grabbers not included in the XMLTV project distribution. See XmltvRelatedProjects.
The XmltvUnrelatedProjects are things which don't use the XMLTV format but are somehow connected to TV listings.