Looking for the ReplayTV Shutdown FAQ? Click HERE
XMLTV is a few things with the same name.
- XMLTV is a very popular XML based file format for describing TV listings. see XMLTVFormat
- XMLTV is an interface contract between programs the emit guide data and programs that consume it. see HowtoWriteAGrabber and HowtoUseGrabbers
- XMLTV is a perl module that helps to create XMLTV formatted documents. see XMLTVModule
- XMLTV is a collection of tools to obtain, manipulate, and search TV Listings. see XMLTVProject
Most of this Wiki has to do with the XMLTVProject
XMLTV Project Status
(for more info see XMLTVProject)
The current release (0.5.66) was made on 2014-10-21 and is available at http://files.xmltv.org
- Major Changes in this release (0.5.66)
tv_garb_na_tvmedia - new grabber for US/Canada
tv_grab_ar - adjustments for site changes
tv_grab_is - adjustments for site changes
tv_grab_na_dd - adjustments for source changes
tv_grab_na_dtv - now uses parallel processes
tv_grab_pt - adjustments for site changes
tv_sort - major performance fixes
And lots of other changes (see ChangeLog for details)
There are lots of applications that use XMLTV-formatted files., these include guide viewers and PVRs. There are also some grabbers not included in the XMLTV project distribution. See XmltvRelatedProjects.
The XmltvUnrelatedProjects are things which don't use the XMLTV format but are somehow connected to TV listings.