Looking for the ReplayTV Shutdown FAQ? Click HERE
XMLTV is a few things with the same name.
- XMLTV is a very popular XML based file format for describing TV listings. see XMLTVFormat
- XMLTV is an interface contract between programs the emit guide data and programs that consume it. see HowtoWriteAGrabber and HowtoUseGrabbers
- XMLTV is a perl module that helps to create XMLTV formatted documents. see XMLTVModule
- XMLTV is a collection of tools to obtain, manipulate, and search TV Listings. see XMLTVProject
Most of this Wiki has to do with the XMLTVProject
XMLTV Project Status
(for more info see XMLTVProject)
The current release (0.5.65) was made on 2014-05-058 and is available at http://files.xmltv.org
- Major Changes in this release (0.5.65)
tv_grab_dk_dr - fixed for source site changes tv_grab_dtv_la (AR,CL,CO,DO,EC,PE,PR,UY,VE) - reinstate grabber after fixes for source site changes tv_grab_es_laguiatv - fixes for source site changes tv_grab_fi - improve series subtitles tv_grab_fi_sv - reinstate grabber after fixes for source site changes tv_grab_huro (HU,RO,CZ,SK) - bug fixes & fixed grabber to work on all sites tv_grab_is - fixes for validation errors tv_grab_pt - fixed for source site changes tv_grab_pt_meo - bug fixes and performance improvements tv_grab_nl - reinstate grabber after fixes for source site changes tv_grab_uk_atlas - minor bug fix & changes tv_grab_uk_guardian - minor bug fixes & improvements tv_grab_uk_tvguide - minor bug fixes & improvements
tv_cat - concatenate files with dissimilar character encodings tv_imdb - fix character encoding of merged data. Add keywords. Add Plot Summary tv_to_text & tv_to_latex - add optional output of programme description
And lots of other changes (see ChangeLog for details)
There are lots of applications that use XMLTV-formatted files., these include guide viewers and PVRs. There are also some grabbers not included in the XMLTV project distribution. See XmltvRelatedProjects.
The XmltvUnrelatedProjects are things which don't use the XMLTV format but are somehow connected to TV listings.