Looking for the ReplayTV Shutdown FAQ? Click HERE
XMLTV is a few things with the same name.
- XMLTV is a very popular XML based file format for describing TV listings. see XMLTVFormat
- XMLTV is an interface contract between programs the emit guide data and programs that consume it. see HowtoWriteAGrabber and HowtoUseGrabbers
- XMLTV is a perl module that helps to create XMLTV formatted documents. see XMLTVModule
- XMLTV is a collection of tools to obtain, manipulate, and search TV Listings. see XMLTVProject
Most of this Wiki has to do with the XMLTVProject
XMLTV Project Status
(for more info see XMLTVProject)
The current release (0.5.64) was made on 2013-12-23 and is available at http://files.xmltv.org
- Major Changes in this release (0.5.64)
tv_grab_huro - fixes for source site changes tv_count - new utility tv_merge - new utility tv_grab_uk_guardian - new grabber tv_grab_uk_tvguide - new grabber tv_grab_uk_atlas - new grabber tv_grab_na_icon - removed due to source site changes tv_grab_dr_dk - removed due to source site changes
- Changes in the previous release (0.5.63)
tv_grab_uk_rt - fix bug in 0.5.62 release Removed broken grabbers tv_grab_dtv_la, tv_grab_ee, tv_grab_es_miguiatv tv_grab_nl, tv_grab_pt New filter: tv_augment_tz to convert floating time to explicit time tv_grab_uk_rt: Addition of lineups support for easier configuration Improved unicode handling 6-7x performance increase with changed date/time handling
There are lots of applications that use XMLTV-formatted files., these include guide viewers and PVRs. There are also some grabbers not included in the XMLTV project distribution. See XmltvRelatedProjects.
The XmltvUnrelatedProjects are things which don't use the XMLTV format but are somehow connected to TV listings.