Looking for the ReplayTV Shutdown FAQ? Click HERE
XMLTV is a few things with the same name.
- XMLTV is a very popular XML based file format for describing TV listings. see XMLTVFormat
- XMLTV is an interface contract between programs the emit guide data and programs that consume it. see HowtoWriteAGrabber and HowtoUseGrabbers
- XMLTV is a perl module that helps to create XMLTV formatted documents. see XMLTVModule
- XMLTV is a collection of tools to obtain, manipulate, and search TV Listings. see XMLTVProject
Most of this Wiki has to do with the XMLTVProject
XMLTV Project Status
(for more info see XMLTVProject)
The current release (0.5.62) was made on 2011-06-22 and is available at http://files.xmltv.org
- Changes in this release (0.5.62)
xmltv.dtd: Add a lang attribute to review elements tv_grab_uk_rt improved unicode handling tv_grab_pt_meo and tv_grab_eu-epgdata added back to xmltv.exe lots of grabber updates. See Changelog for details
And some bugfixes and polish.
There are lots of applications that use XMLTV-formatted files., these include guide viewers and PVRs. There are also some grabbers not included in the XMLTV project distribution. See XmltvRelatedProjects.
The XmltvUnrelatedProjects are things which don't use the XMLTV format but are somehow connected to TV listings.